Briefing by US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and General Mark Milley, Chief of the US
❗️Briefing by US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and General Mark Milley, Chief of the US Joint Forces Command. Lloyd Austin:
❗️Briefing by US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and General Mark Milley, Chief of the US Joint Forces Command.
- build-up of Russian military force on the borders with Ukraine and in the Mediterranean Sea;
- - Vladimir Putin has not yet made a final decision on the invasion;
- we can talk about the seizure of territories and occupation;
- - The US will continue to provide security support;
- military support for Ukraine is now maximum, $200 million, another batch arrived today;
- - Thousands of US military are ready to be deployed on the first order;
- The Pentagon will continue to provide President Biden with options for getting out of this situation;
- - held talks with the ministers of defense of Poland, Romania, etc.
- we will continue to coordinate the support needed by NATO partners to ensure their security;
- - Mr. Putin can choose the path of diplomacy, de-escalation and withdrawal of troops.
- Ukraine has the right to independence;
- - we call on Russia to "retreat";
- Russia has concentrated hundreds of thousands of military, aviation, fleet, electronic warfare, cyber troops, special forces on the border with Ukraine;
- - when the ground freezes, the maximum opportunity for the movement of troops on the ground opens;
- Russia can capture cities and territories of Ukraine in case of invasion;
- - if Russia decides to invade, there will be losses;
- instructors are located on the territory of Ukraine, there are no bases, heavy weapons, we continue to support;
- - we are fully prepared to respond in the event of an attack on any of the NATO members;
- Ukraine has a common border with four NATO member countries;
- - Thousands of military personnel have been put on high alert for redeployment.
- the troops are on high alert for deployment to the eastern flank of NATO, but have not yet begun to move;
- - we do not want and are not going to fight with Russia, none of the units started moving;
- Russian troops can start an invasion at any time, so many troops on the border, rockets, artillery... everything can start suddenly, all options are on the table;
- - if Putin decides to invade, we will do everything to protect our allies in Europe;
- we have never seen such an increase and activity of the RF Armed Forces;
- - President Biden said bluntly that there would be no combat activity of American troops on the territory of Ukraine.
Subscribe to our channel on Telegram: https://t.me/TherageX